24 Haziran 2010 Perşembe

The Beginning

Then - I moved to Turkey! September 27th, 2000.
From that point onwards - I have never thought about leaving and going anywhere else.
I've stayed in many unusual places and often got on the wrong bus and ended up somewhere near Batman, another time Manisa. Adventures are limitless for anyone here.
However, after starting work here, the touristic perspective changes.

So, how did it all begin? Where did I come from? What did I do to get here? And why here?
For certain purposes - the names of Turkish individuals have been changed as a sign of respect and privacy.

In the UK, I was living in a maisonette in the centre of Plymouth with my best friends at Uni...
Nick and Jo.
Nick is French and still a close friend - but very different from the university days.
He looks like a French version of Hugh Grant! Handsome...but the unfortunate part is...he knew this and played on it as a little playboy in training. As a friend - perfect...as a boyfriend - a total bastard.
Jo, a Spanish guy from the Canary Islands. A guy who graduated in Electrical engineering but struggled to master the pronunciation of English. Pizza - Pissa / Coke - Cock / How are you? - C'monn mang, I need sum bira. / Let's share the bill - Yu pay da bill I go get cock from market man.
A tall, thin guy who loved anything free. Order pizza? Jo says - I'll eat the free one.
Jo wants money - Let me look inside the sofa for money, maybe there's enough for cigarettes.

Next....the introduction to Turks.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder